Saturday, November 3, 2012

Boo Hoo

When Shooby came in the house two weeks ago, holding his left hind leg up, I was pretty sure what the problem was. A trip to the vets the next morning confirmed that Shooby had a ruptured Anterior (Cranial) Cruciate Ligament. Yes, the dreaded "Torn ACL".
So, then the million dollar question was asked... surgery or not? Well, not really a million, but a several thousand anyway.  My immediate answer was Yes, we would do the surgery.

Shooby had ACL surgery on Halloween. Here is a picture of him, taken just seconds before the little orange guy with him got destroyed.

Shooby will have his bandage removed today. In a few days, I can start my own in-home physical therapy on him. In two weeks, the staples will be removed. Then he will begin swim therapy! He's gonna love it. I also hope to start acupuncture treatment for him in the next few weeks as well. Not so sure how he will do with acupuncture.  I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment